You would have tested software applications or web applications manually, so you might be aware of the drawbacks of manual testing. Manual testing is time consuming, tedious and requires heavy investment in human resources.
Time constraints often make it impossible to manually test every feature thoroughly before software application or web application is to be released. This leaves you wondering whether serious defects have been detected or not.
To address all these issues automation testing is done, you can create tests that check all aspects of the software applications and then execute these test cases every time any changes are made in software application.
Benefits of Automation Testing
- Fast: Runs tests significantly faster than human users.
- Repeatable: Testers can test how the website or software reacts after repeated execution of the same operation.
- Reusable: Tests can be re-used on different versions of the software.
- Reliable: Tests perform precisely the same operation each time they are run thereby eliminating human error.
- Comprehensive: Testers can build test suites of tests that covers every feature in software software application.
- Programmable: Testers can program sophisticated tests that bring hidden information.