1. Quality Assurance (QA) is a process driven approach, it is a process to monitor and improve existing quality processes.
2. It is a process of verifying whether the software product or services meets or exceeds the customer expectations.
3. It ensures that the product or services are developed or implemented on agreed standards.
4. Quality assurance ensures that the processes designed for the product development and services are effective enough to meet the objectives.
5. It prevents the software defects/errors.