Test Design Techniques

Multiple Condition Decision Coverage

Multiple Condition Decision Coverage(MCDC) is also known as Modified Condition Decision Coverage.In MCDC each condition should be evaluated at least once which affects the decision outcome independently.Example for MCDCif {(X or Y) and Z} thenTo satisfy condition coverage, each Boolean expression X,Y and Z in above statement should be...

Condition Coverage or Predicate Coverage

Condition coverage is also known as Predicate CoverageCondition coverage is seen for Boolean expression, condition coverage ensures whether all the Boolean expressions have been evaluated to both TRUE and FALSE.Let us take an example to explain Condition CoverageIF ("X && Y")In order to suffice valid condition coverage for this...

Decision Coverage or Branch Coverage

Decision Coverage is also known as Branch Coverage.Whenever there are two or more possible exits from the statement like an IF statement, a DO-WHILE or a CASE statement it is known as decision because in all these statements there are two outcomes, either TRUE or FALSE.With the loop control...

Line Coverage or Statement Coverage

Statement coverage is also known as line coverage. The formula to calculate statement coverage is:Statement Coverage=(Number of statements exercised/Total number of statements)*100Studies in the software industry have shown that black-box testing may actually achieve only 60% to 75% statement coverage, this leaves around 25% to 40% of the statements...

Decision Table Testing

What is a Decision TableIt is a table which shows different combination inputs with their associated outputs, this is also known as cause effect table.In EP and BVA we have seen that these techniques can be applied to only specific conditions or inputs however if we have different inputs...

UseCase Testing

Before explaining Usecase Testing lets first understand what is a UseCase A Usecase is a description of a particular use of the system by the end user of the system. Usecases are a sequence of steps that describe the interactions between the user and the software system. Each usecase describes the interactions...

×